Monday, February 7, 2011

I only eat rice on Mondays

I have spring fever.  I woke up on Saturday, and although I have a chest cold, and I was tired, I fed the girls, then set about tackling our bathroom.  The room is tiny, but it took me all of four hours to scrub it from top to bottom.  I am not joking when I say that.  I cleaned and organized the drawers, and under the sink, I scrubbed every surface in the room, even the walls.   It shines.  When I finished that however, I was exhausted, and did practically nothing the rest of the day.

The Vampire was sent home from the sitters on Friday b/c she had diarrhea so on Saturday, I asked Uncle M to make her some rice.  Poor kid had been pooping so much, I decided to attempt the BRAT diet.  Uncle M made some, and put cinnamon and sugar in it (which I thought sounded gross, but the Vampire gobbled it up.).  The Drama Queen however took one bite, then handed it to Uncle M and said "I'm sorry.  I only eat rice on Mondays."  I told my mom what she said and mom said "that sounds like something you would have said as a child."  It made me smile.  I really want to call her bluff on it and hand her a bowl of rice today and say "DQ... it is Monday..."

This is our last week with the sitter.  She has been a little bit more willing to talk to me.  But I can still tell she is angry.  We will be paying 30.00 more a week for this new place, and I can only hope that they are worth it.  The director called me today to let me know that my paperwork looked great, and the fees, and to welcome the Vampire to their center starting Monday.  It will be a large adjustment for all of us.  I ordered new "Chewelry" on the internet for the new school because the director asked that we have a necklace that has a break-away clasp at the back, so it will not be a choking hazard.  The necklaces she wears currently are terrycloth, and elastic, and do not break away.  I hope they come in before she starts this new adventure.  I would like to arm the school with everything I can to help battle her impulses.

The Vampire spent a good majority of the weekend in time out.  If she wasn't hitting/biting her sister, she was chasing the kitten, screaming at Uncle M or I, and climbing all over the furniture.  She was very wild, feral this weekend.  But she stayed dry.  I wonder if I am seeing a pattern, because when she is calmer and in better control of her emotions...  she will urinate in her panties (esp. in her sleep).  When she is more wild, angry, and uncontrollable, she stays dry.  It's like I can only have one or the other, there is no middle ground with her.  Last night was her 5th dry night in a row, and Uncle M and I praised her for it repeatedly.  We are so proud of her, but deep down I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, and since Uncle M has made some comments to me, I think he may be waiting for it as well.

The Drama Queen continues to do well in school.  I gave her $.50 today so she could buy a Candy Gram for two of her friends (at a quarter a piece).  She was showing one of my co-workers her $.50 and he handed her two more quarters and told her to buy 4.  She was thrilled, and thought she was going to ask everyone else in the store for more quarters, and I put a stop to that quick.  I told her that it wasn't polite to go around begging for money, and that he gave her the quarters out of the goodness of his heart, that she should just be grateful for the gift, and be glad she can buy for 4 friends instead of 2.  I have wondered all day who she bought for, and imagine at least two of them are the little boys she got in trouble for kissing on.

We had a couple of friends over for the SuperBowl yesterday.  It was so nice to be surrounded by friends and family.  I had a second wind of cleaning on Sunday and finished scrubbing the living room while Uncle M helped me with the kitchen before our friends came over.  I moved furniture, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned out air ducts, you name it!  We did all of this cleaning to the totally 90's channel on the satellite dish.  This channel brought back so many memories for both Uncle M and I and we sang and danced with the kids while we cleaned.  The dog thought it looked like such fun when I was dancing with the Vampire that he tried to join in, and nearly knocked us both over.  He can't stand to be left out of anything.  Silly mutt.  The kitten is still doing well.  She has learned to be afraid of the Vampire and the Drama Queen as they won't leave her alone, but when it's just she and I she comes out of her shell and will roll over for her belly to be scratched.  She is getting so fat!  She weighs 2.2 lbs and has this huge belly.  My aunt asked if she was pregnant and I said I sure hope not...  She seems too young to be pregnant.  She is still terrified of Hobie, but Baata has started to warm up to her a little bit.  I snapped a photo of them sleeping together on the bed!   A landmark moment!



My sister texted me again on Sunday.  I (again) did not respond.  I am a little afraid she is up to something as the texts are becoming more and more frequent.  So I continue to keep the girls, my pets, and my home well guarded.  I do not know what her boyfriend is capable of, and couldn't live with myself if any of my loved ones were hurt because I wasn't cautious.  I could be being silly, this could all be because she misses the children she gave birth to, and she is feeling guilty about having left them.  But she didn't contact me for nearly a year, and now I hear from her once a week.  It is a little unsettling, and I refuse to let my guard down about it.  I feel in my gut it is building to something, and until I know what that something is, I will remain very cautious in all that I do. 

Aunt TT

No comments:

Post a Comment