Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Tears



I  don't know about the rest of you, but even though it is snowing today...


My greenhouse is giving me the much needed taste of spring that I had wanted.  Here is what our sprouts look like right now:



For that, I am eternally grateful.  I can't wait to post the photos of the bountiful fruits and veggies we grow in there over the spring/summer (and hopefully fall).

Autism Testing in a week and a half.  I am a nervous wreck about this.  I have talked to so many people who think the Vampire could be autistic...  and about the same amount of people who believe she more than likely isn't autistic.  To those of you with children who do not have spectrum or mental health disorders that they struggle with, this is what spirals through my mind.  To my friends and family, who have autistic children - please let me ask you to remember how you felt when you didn't know what was going on with your child, but knew something wasn't quite right.  I imagine, you like me, were scared.  I imagine you worried about the quality of life your child would have if they were diagnosed with autism.  I fear getting her diagnosed, and having a difficult time during her entire life because she has been "labeled".  I also fear not getting her diagnosed, and suffering and struggling through life because I haven't helped her get the proper care.  The immediate lesser of the two evils - test her.  So that I what I am doing.  I am scared however, and I am trying to put on a brave face.  I know it isn't the end of the world.  I know that with time, and work, and therapy it will be manageable.  I know that the earlier it is caught - the better it will be for everyone involved.  I know that they may end up diagnosing her with something else.  They may try to push medicine on her to make her more manageable, and I fear that.  I want to her and will do whatever I can, to achieve that, though.

The Vampire's biting - I am knocking on wood, but she has not bit once this week.  She did try to yesterday, and they were able to intervene.  She did hit the dance teacher at dance class.  But for the most part, this week... she has been able to control her aggressive urges.  The therapist says that she can see a difference in the Vampire, and praised us on our time out methods that we have been using.  She feels that it gives the Vampire time to calm herself down - then she comes back into society, and participates in whatever was going on.  I don't want to jinx myself by talking about it too much, so onto the next topic...

The Drama Queen is a self taught cartwheel expert!   She is doing amazing with her cartwheeling and has taught herself to lead with the right and the left hand.  She does back bends, and is trying to teach herself to do one handed cartwheels.  Her dance teacher seemed impressed with her cartwheels and mentioned that she might want to get involved in tumbling next dance season.  We will see what we can afford.  She is also doing an amazing job with her reading and continues to astound me!   They are turning her elementary school into a 6th grade only school next school year, so I am going to try to get her transferred to the school of my choice instead of relying on luck of the draw.  There are two schools near the Vampire's daycare, and I am shooting for one of them.  She seems OK with all of this, and is not upset in the least about possibly losing her current school.  

I am training for a marathon.  A 5K to be exact.  I have a wonderful friends who are going to run/jog/walk the marathon with me.  I am in week one, and my legs are feeling the burn.  I do the running portion - M W F and have been doing pilates Tu and Th.  Today, after I finished pilates, I felt so relaxed and well... good.  I just have to keep this up for another 6 weeks and hopefully I will be able to do the marathon that I have committed to.  I have been using www.sparkpeople.com a lot for guidance in this.  I won't lie - I like, most every woman in the USA, am hoping for a little bit of weight loss in this venture - but above all else, I want to improve my health.  The Drama Queen has taken an interest in it, and did pilates with me this evening.  The marathon we will be doing includes kids and even dogs - so the girls can participate with me if they want.  I am looking forward to this, and will keep you up on it! 

When I came home from work today, the girls yelled "YOU HAVE TO COME SEE IN THE BEDROOM".  So I follow them after hanging up my coat, and setting my purse down.  There are flowers on my pillow and a card.  Uncle M took the girls to a flower shop and bought me flowers... just cause.  I thanked them, put them in a vase, and we all sat down for dinner.  At dinner, I told them all thank you again, and that I LOVED the card, cause everyone signed it, even the Vampire.  The Drama Queen asked me if I cried, and I told her no.  She said "oh darn."  I said "you wanted me to cry?"  She said, "yes TT.  Happy tears."  Then grinned at me with that angelic grin while the light of youth and innocence shined in her gorgeous green eyes.  I smiled back at her, and smoothed her hair back and said "I just love you."  My heart fills with so much love at moments like this, and I do almost cry.  They just touch my heart.

The little girl kitten still doesn't really have a name.  The vet knows her as Sophie... but we call her everything under the sun.  Ninjettie, Tendon Slicer, Lil' Girl, Sophie, Kitten Little are ones that get tossed around a lot nothing seems just right, though - and she doesn't acknowledge any of those names.  The girls adore her.  I have to remind them to keep their hands off cause they try to hold, cuddle, restrain her too much.  They have been trying to respect her, though - in the hopes that she will warm up to them.  She sleeps between Uncle M and I or between my legs.  She likes to be close to us when she has finally calmed down and quit trying to kill our wiggling toes.  You can't help but love her, though.  Name suggestions welcome!


Aunt TT

No comments:

Post a Comment