Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Have you ever...

gone through so many changes in your life that you are restless?  You can't sit still.  You can't concentrate.  You can't focus on even the smallest of things in life?  That is how I have felt lately.  It's part of the reason I haven't sat down to write up a blog about the goings and comings of our little family.  There hasn't been a whole lot that has happened in my absence.  I'll give you a quick run through.

Baata came home.  He is healthy, doing well as far as I can tell.  A few days before Bombaata came home,  we adopted Corwyn.  Sweet Corwyn.  I feel in love with him the moment I laid eyes on him.  My bleeding heart couldn't visit the shelter looking for Baata that many times, and NOT bring home a stray.  Another orange Tom - who is so lovable, that he tolerates Elmira... I mean Vampire's affections.  He stole my heart.  It was love at first sight when he nose dived at my face when he wanted affection.  We thought he was a great (and cheap at an adoption for 10.00 - neuter and all) addition to our family.  Well two weeks ago we discovered that he has FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis).  It is fatal.  He is in the final stages.  I have been struggling with the decision of when it is time to euthanize him.  He is so thin and frail.  I start thinking his quality of life is compromised to the point that it is time to say fare well - then he starts eating, or drinking, or purring, and I think what is right?!?!  FIP is contagious.  He could have infected Lil Bit and Bombaata too.  I spend the days hoping, praying, wishing that they will survive this, and be OK.  Baata is so old that I really worry about him.  So I know I will lose Corwyn, and soon - and I fear that Baata has succumbed to this horrible virus.  Adopting that sweet little angel may have been the worst decision I have ever made. 

For Halloween, we were Gnomes.  We won a few costume contests.  It was really nice, really fun, but all overshadowed to coming home to discover that Corwyn is sick.

Vampire really slacked off in her biting, but she's picking it back up again.  She is averaging about 1 bite every two weeks.  She pushes M's and my buttons so much.  It's like she LIKES to be in trouble.  It's not little things either.  It's hitting her sister, breaking toys that don't belong to her, trying to touch things she's been told not to.  Just last Tuesday, she knocked a few jars of grape jelly off a shelf at the store.  They shattered all over the place, and I had to tell a clerk - who said they would clean it up, and I wouldn't be charged.  She told me it was an accident, and I could tell it was, but after that incident.... she kept touching EVERYTHING, then looking at me and saying "It was an Accident!"  It was an exhausting trip to the store.

School is in full swing for DQ.  She is constantly getting in trouble, or on a warning for talking.  She talks to anyone and everyone that she quite possibly  can.  The therapist is wanting to test her for ADD.  I hate those terms.  Hate them all with a passion.  So we are looking at her diet, and talking to a nutritionist.  We need to talk to one anyway due to Vampire's being 4 years old, and fitting snugly in 6/6x - so we might kill two birds with one stone.

I've had baby fever, with all the babies being born around me.  A good friend of mine has asked me to doula on her second birth.  I am ecstatic about this.  I LOVE being able to help bring a baby into the world.  It is the best gift anyone could give me.  I'm starting to prepare for her big day in all the ways I possibly can.  I'm honored and blessed to be included in this!   She is going to be doing a natural birth again, and is such an incredible woman for being able to do that.  I just love her. 

I will try to get into writing more again.  I've missed talking to all of you, and hearing your thoughts on what goes on in my life. 

Aunt TT

No comments:

Post a Comment