Thursday, November 29, 2012

Being a Mom

There are a lot of difficult jobs in the world.  I can think of none more stressful and difficult than being a mom.  You have such a great responsibility on your shoulders.  You must teach these little people how to be good, productive members of society, while keeping a house clean, holding a job, and (or) still being a daughter, sister, friend.  Moms amaze me. 

Here is an update on the lives of DQ, V, M and I.

V is doing fairly well at the day therapy school.  She is still trying to struggle for control in every situation possible.  When put in time out, she will do anything to get your attention (and according to the program she is in - we must ignore her).  She will kick the wall, scratch at her face, yell nonsense words, say mean things, etc.  We just keep standing our ground, ignoring these negative behaviors (as long as she stays on the time out wall - if not, quietly redirecting her back to it), and hoping that this will turn her around.  Her brother has had a very bad week at school, and I would like to keep V from ever struggling like he does when she is his age.

DQ had her first competition performance last weekend.  I was so proud of her.  It was SO cold outside (lower 30's) and she hardly complained about walking around in the cold.  She danced her little heart out.  I sat on the float with V and beamed with pride.  My sweet girls.  DQ's jazz song this year for competition is "Itsy Bitsy Teensy Weensy Yellow Polka Dot Bikini", her ballet song is "True Colors", and I have been told her tap song, but I can't remember it.  Horrible huh?

M and I have been working on buying Christmas gifts for the girls.  DQ really wants a tablet, and as nervous as it makes me - we got her one.  It will have password protection for the internet, and an application installed where we can track her every movement while she is on it.  She says she wants to be able to read books on it, but I know her main motivation...  games. 

V wants a Cuddleuppet, a Dream Lights, and more Leapster Explorer games.  So we are shopping for those items. 

I need to get their videos from Santa made soon on the PNP (Portable North Pole), they love getting their video from Santa every year!

I have been so busy with fundraising for Dance.  I plan on not offering any fundraisers in the month of December to allow for a bit of a break.  It is such a hectic time to try and sell anything.  In January however we will be raffling off tickets to a high class local dinner theater, and I am excited to get that one started. 

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday!  We were able to spend time with nearly all of our families and that was fantastic!  I hope the same for you!!

Aunt TT

No comments:

Post a Comment